Procurement Manager, West Coast
Gobble prepares farm fresh 15-minute gourmet dinner kits with 3-step instructions delivered to your door. Our weekly delivery includes three thoughtfully hand-crafted dinner kits filled with fresh pre-chopped and par-cooked ingredients (along with a gorgeous recipe card!) for you to create Michelin-worthy dinners in your very own kitchen.
We're a small but well-seasoned team looking for the crème de la crème to join us as a Procurement Manager in solving the problems that busy people face when trying to eat healthy and fresh meals daily.
The Procurement Manager is responsible for negotiating and purchasing materials, equipment, services and supplies for Gobble. This is a fast-paced role that requires a customer service oriented individual who can engage with vendors and service providers in an efficient manner and in accordance with established procedures and policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Negotiate with different suppliers for price, quality, timeliness and other factors.
- Expedite and liaise with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of goods.
- Write and analyze requisitions, invoices, supply requests and supply orders.
- Track and monitor inventory and needs to determine when to order or purchase new items.
- Coordinate payment, delivery, scheduling and organization of purchases.
- Define, measure and track categories for spending to provide targeted analyses of budget.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- 7+ years of experience in procurement that includes negotiating, administering, extending, terminating and re-negotiating contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of equivalent education and experience.
- Experience with category management for proteins, produce, condiments, and packaging.
- Prior experience working with co-packers and contract manufacturers.
- Experience developing category strategies.
- Experience driving collaborative procurement processes and supplier management and supplier compliance.
- Experience developing requests for proposals.
- Customer service and negotiating skills.
- Detail-oriented, with excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent judgement and escalate issues as needed.
- Microsoft Office experience required; proficiency in Google Applications (Gmail, Calendar, Sheets and Drive) desired.
- Aptitude for managing multiple projects simultaneously and ensuring proper follow through.
- High-pressure, time-sensitive environment with a high volume of work, tight deadlines.
- Normal work schedule is Monday – Friday from 6am to 3pm. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, holidays, and weekends as necessary to meet the needs of the business.