Assistant General Manager
Gobble prepares farm fresh 15-minute gourmet dinner kits with 3-step instructions delivered to your door. Our weekly delivery includes three thoughtfully hand-crafted dinner kits filled with fresh pre-chopped and par-cooked ingredients (along with a gorgeous recipe card!) for you to create Michelin-worthy dinners in your very own kitchen.
We're a growing team looking for the crème de la crème to join us as an Assistant General Manager in our Stockton, CA warehouse fulfillment center.
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for building and developing the Gobble fulfillment team in our Stockton location and implementing sustainable, repeatable processes in place in our operation. This is a fast-paced role that requires an experienced manager who can engage with employees, provide leadership and solve problems in accordance with established procedures and policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Put sustainable repeatable processes in place in all parts of Gobble’s fulfillment operation.
- Hold the fulfillment team members accountable and empower the staff to suggest process improvements.
- Build and develop the team, providing ownership of scheduling, recruiting and training for the staff in Stockton.
- Establish area performance standards and goals for all areas of the facility with special care to a ZERO-defect expectation for quality and specific attention to efficiency and labor controls.
- Recommend and implement changes in process, scheduling and equipment to tackle problems, improve quality and efficiency, and drive costs down.
- Own the safety program including team safety and food safety, ensuring facilities and team comply with all state, federal and local regulatory agencies.
- Inspire passion and commitment at all levels of the plant, ensuring that Gobble is every team member’s favorite place to work!
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- 5-7 years of progressive supervisory and management experience in a fast-paced, food manufacturing environment running a large-scale warehouse is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Business or related field is required.
- Experience owning quality and efficiency KPIs and scheduling a large workforce.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and facilitate cross-functional teams
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships across Supply Chain, Purchasing, Finance and Operations functions.
High-pressure, time-sensitive environment with a high volume of work, tight deadlines. Warehouse location which can be noisy and cold at times.
- Comfortable with exposure to temperatures that range from freezing to sub-freezing for complete shifts.
- Must be able to lift up to 49 pounds repetitively with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to stand /walk for up to 10-12 hours with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to push, pull, squat, bend, and reach above and below shoulders. Repetitive use of hands.
Normal work schedule is Monday – Friday from 6am to 3pm. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, holidays, and weekends as necessary to meet the needs of the business.