Shipping and Receiving Specialist
Gobble prepares farm fresh 10-minute gourmet dinner kits with 3-step instructions delivered to your door. Our weekly delivery includes three thoughtfully hand-crafted dinner kits filled with fresh pre-chopped and par-cooked ingredients (along with a gorgeous recipe card!) for you to create Michelin-worthy dinners in your very own kitchen.
We're a small but well-seasoned team looking for the crème de la crème to join us as a Shipping and Receiving Specialist in solving the problems that busy people face when trying to eat healthy and fresh meals daily.
The Shipping and Receiving Specialist is responsible for maintaining all freight delivery appointments and all load accuracy by partnering with the packing team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule all delivery appointments for freight being delivered to the building.
- Ensure load accuracy at check out by physically counting.
- Partner with the packing team to monitor outbound shipment quality and accuracy.
- Maintain and file required records, work with the receiving team leader to ensure accurate reporting and monitoring of all receipts, BOLs and paperwork.
- Provide accurate and detailed accounting, entering information into an excel spreadsheet.
- Check drivers in and out of the facility, monitor trailer dock and load procedures while promoting lot safety.
- Partner with Purchasing, Food Safety and Quality teams for any discrepancies with quantities or quality of freight being delivered.
- Monitor pull times and work with 3PL drivers to ensure accurate and on time departures.
- Coordinate and monitor dock access and trailer queue to maintain efficient dock times and minimize driver delays.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- 1-2 years of shipping or receiving clerk experience in a food production or warehouse environment.
- Clear and concise communicator, both verbal and written.
- Strong math, accounting and computer skills.
- Power Industrial Truck experience preferred.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment.
- High-pressure, time-sensitive environment with a high volume of work, tight deadlines.
- Normal work schedule is Monday – Friday from 6am to 3pm. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, holidays, and weekends as necessary to meet the needs of the business.