Food Safety Quality Manager, West Coast
Gobble prepares farm fresh 15-minute gourmet dinner kits with 3-step instructions delivered to your door. Our weekly delivery includes three thoughtfully hand-crafted dinner kits filled with fresh pre-chopped and par-cooked ingredients (along with a gorgeous recipe card!) for you to create Michelin-worthy dinners in your very own kitchen.
We're a small but well-seasoned team looking for the crème de la crème to join us as a Food Safety Quality Manager in solving the problems that busy people face when trying to eat healthy and fresh meals daily.
The Food Safety Quality Manager will lead all food safety activities in Gobble’s West Coast region. This employee will be responsible for conducting workplace safety evaluations and identify areas of improvement and will implement management plans to correct areas of noncompliance. The Food Safety Quality Manager will work with cross-functional teams to implement food packaging, safety and quality programs in compliance with corporate policies and regulatory requirements. This position reports to the General Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead all food safety activities in Gobble’s West Coast region.
- Conduct workplace safety evaluations and identify areas of improvement; implement management plans to correct areas of noncompliance.
- Audit all company operations as they relate to food safety.
- Work with vendors, supplies, transporters, etc. to provide support and verify compliance with food safety practices.
- Provide management with summaries and trend analysis of food safety tests.
- Maintain appropriate documentation, reports and timely testing of internal and external controls.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years of Food Safety experience, primarily in a food manufacturing environment. 2+ years’ experience managing a team of 2+ direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in Food Science.
- Experience in regulatory process, internal compliance and policy generation.
- Experience or certification in PCQI; SQF auditor or any GFSI auditing experience.
- Advanced HACCP and seafood HACCP certifications.
- Direct experience working with FDA and USDA regulations.
- High sense of urgency and ability to work independently in fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge and experience with Quality Management Systems.
- Strong familiarity with auditing methods and processes, formal audit training/certification is desirable.
- Strong problem-solving skills including root cause identification and resolution.
- Keen eye for quality; detail-oriented, with excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent judgement, delegate work and escalate issues as needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Google Applications (Gmail, Calendar, Sheets and Drive desirable.
- Aptitude for managing multiple projects simultaneously and ensuring proper follow through and completion.
- High-pressure, time-sensitive environment with a high volume of work, tight deadlines. Warehouse location which can be noisy and cold at times.
- Comfortable with exposure to temperatures that range from freezing to sub-freezing for complete shifts.
- Normal work schedule is Monday-Friday from 8am to 5pm. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, holidays, and weekends as necessary to meet the needs of the business.